I fought the spirit -Jaiye Kuti

Kuti
A-list Nollywood actress, Jaiye Kuti, has disclosed that she had to fight the spirit in order for her to break through as an actress.

When Oseyiza Oogbodo Blog enquired from her that when she started out in acting, if she was discouraged by people saying she shouldn’t venture into it because actresses are loose people, their marriages don’t last and all that, she had a ready response.


“Truly, I had some people in my way who actually didn’t want me to do this. At a point, my mother was afraid for me, and when I started it, some of our colleagues, you know, the senior colleagues, they kind of frowned it like ‘where did you come from?’ And when you’re not welcomed in a place, you feel like ‘can I really grow here?’ So, I had such challenges as my senior colleagues seeing me as there’s no place for you here, but I fought the spirit, I fought it, and I moved on and was able to break through.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1