37 Presidents attended my funeral –Fela Durotoye

Durotoye

Fela Durotoye is one of the people in serious contention to become Nigeria’s next President in 2019. In some online Twitter polls, he emerged as the second favorite to become President with the incumbent, Muhammadu Buhari, having just a negligible 2% lead over him.

But does he really stand a chance of becoming President?

Will he even become President?

That we don’t know yet.

But one thing Oseyiza Ogbodo Blog does know is that in October 2009 when he was interviewed by Oseyiza Oogbodo in his Victoria Garden City, Lagos home, he gave the strongest indication of how great he was going to become, like the greatness of Presidents, when he revealed that he had seen the day of his own funeral.

The question posed to him then by Oogbodo was in relation to his writing career.

The question: ‘Did you foresee a day that you would become the renowned author you are gradually turning into? Was it your wish?’

And the excerpt of his answer: ‘First of all, I think that it wasn't a wish. Was it part of the things that God had shown me in the future? Yes. I have seen the day of my funeral. I think I was maybe like 82 years old. And it was such a glorious event. I couldn't understand it because there were 37 world presidents walking behind my casket in what seemed to be like a national stadium. And interestingly, that funeral was being held at the same time in every Nigerian state capital as well as state capitals in Africa. So there must have been something like 50 or 60 places all over the world celebrating that same funeral at the same time. I still have no clue what I must have become that will cause the world to celebrate that, but the one thing I couldn't forget was that there were trailers that had books in them, and people were buying those books in a hurry. So that I have seen.’

Note: This is just the tip of the iceberg. More excerpts of the explosive interview coming soon. And the interview itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1