I’m a G-Wagon, Range Rover –IK Ogbonna

Ogbonna

A-list actor, model, celebrity and ladies’ man, IK Ogbonna, has described himself as a G-Wagon or Range Rover while speaking recently with Oseyiza Oogbodo Blog.

Bringing to his attention Senator Ben Murray-Bruce’s recent tweet that actors now prefer to do odd jobs abroad because they’re poorly paid, OOB asked him how he feels about it and if acting is viable in Nigeria.

“Well, I think it depends to individuals, you know, everyone can only speak for himself. You know, you’re selling a brand individually. MTN will not compare itself to Glo. Glo will not compare itself to Airtel. They’re individuals. Everyone knows how much they’re making at the end of the day. Some actors get better pay than the others. Some artists get to increase their artist fees, and some believe in their worth, and then stick to it.

“My wife told me that actors are like cars. When you start acting, you’re a Golf. And then when you’ve acted a few movies and people know you, you’re now a Camry Muscle. And then when people now know you and like you and appreciate you and you have fans, you’re a Range Rover Sport. And then when people now know you and you’re an A-list artist in Nigeria, Africa, you’re like a Rolls Royce and Bentley then. When you’re like a Denzel Washington, you’re like a private jet. So what car are you?

“I thought about it very well and OK, I think I might not be a Rolls Royce and Bentley yet but I think I’m a G-Wagon, I’m a Range Rover. You know, she said, and which is the truth, if someone comes to buy a Rolls Royce with the money of a Camry, everyone wants to ride a Rolls Royce, you want to ride a Rolls Royce, I want to ride a Rolls Royce, but if you don’t have the money for a Rolls Royce, you afford what you can afford at that point in time. So if I class myself as a Range Rover actor, and you come to price me with the money for Golf, I won’t take it, unless I want to help you, you know, if I see it’s a good project, and I really like it, and I see that you’ve a genuine vision and passion for the job, I can decide to help and say, OK, let’s just make it happen, and that’s that.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1