Why I won't sing -Judith Audu

Acting and singing are two professions that complement each other. In fact, back in the day, most actors had to know how to sing mandatorily. Nowadays, it’s mostly the live theatre actors who still bother to sing a little bit. However, Nigerians are very resourceful and try their hands at more than one profession, so many Nollywood actresses have tried their best to sing and failed woefully. Some of them who took on singing are Genevieve, Omotola, Dayo Amusa, Gabriel Afolayan and Jim Iyke and we have to commend them for even trying. But while some actors have tried it and many more are willing to try it, respected actress Judith Audu, who’s currently wrapping up the post-production of her maiden full-length movie, Just Not Married, has declared emphatically that she’ll never sing because she can’t sing. According to her: “I can’t sing to save my life! That’s how bad my singing voice is. So it’s a no for me. But most of my colleagues are blessed with very lovely voice to sing, so why not? But for me, I can’t simply because I don’t have talent in that area.” Well, if you say so, J.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1