People expect me to be pompous -Winner

Winner is now a recognized celebrity due to her participation in Project Fame West Africa 2016 where she did so well that she ended up in the sixth position that earned her N500,000. OSEYIZA OOGBODO BLOG met her recently and she spoke about her plans for her career after Project Fame.


How do you feel as a finalist of Project Fame West Africa 2016?

I feel overwhelmed, I feel opportuned, and I feel very, very privileged.

Coming into the competition, what was your plan? Was it to win?

Oh yeah. Of course. My plan was to win. That’s the major goal. But not just winning. I was looking forward to winning, and at the same time, getting more knowledge about music generally.

So what have you learnt?

I’ve learnt a whole lot. I’ve learnt how to be time conscious, how to be nice and kind to people, so many things that have made me an even better person.

So many of you began the journey, but you went so far. What do you think helped you go so far?

I would say first of all, grace. Because it wasn’t my doing. It was just by God’s grace. And I think that the judges found something in me that made them count me among those that should even compete in the first place.

Before Project Fame, what had you done musically?

Musically, I would say I was an amateur. I loved music, but basically, music for me has just been something very spiritual, you know, so I hadn’t really done anything about music before I got into Project Fame. I’ve been this very amateur singer trying to project my singing, make friends with my singing and to open the market with my singing, branding and all that.

Before Project Fame, did you have a music ambition?

Of course I was having a music ambition but it only narrowed to the fact that I wanted to be a soul singer in the aspect of rhythm and blues and I wanted to have my own choir.

What’s your plan now that you’re popular?

My plan is to share my popularity not just for myself but all those that are associated with me because I left so many people behind and I think they also need the knowledge, to know these things that I know and sharing with them is just the best thing.

Do you have what it takes to compete in the industry?

As we all know, we’re all human beings. And definitely, we’re going to meet many obstacles, but I still think it’s left to God, whatever it is, to let it be. That’s all I can say for now. Whatever it is, let it be. But watch out for something great.

What’s your greatest strength musically? Is it singing, songwriting or something else?

I’ll say singing and songwriting. Because my personal composition that I performed in Project Fame was actually written by me. And I was really inspired while writing it so I can be a very good songwriter and also a good singer.

Which of your teachers in the academy had the most impact on you?

Everybody had an impact but I would say the most was by Uncle Ben, yes, he was a good man, he was a very good person because he just didn’t know your good side but also brought out the bad and also gives you a way to correct them that you think you know something, you don’t know anything. He has made me a better person, he has made me stronger and wiser.

How are you going to cope with your newfound fame, because now you can’t take public transport again or buy boli on the street?

There’s nothing that’s much more greater than being humble, because we’re now in the hall of fame and many people are expecting you to be pompous so the best thing is just to be humble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1