1,000 women infected with HIV daily


The international human rights organization, ONE, has cried out that HIV/AIDS is still a big problem and that 1,000 women are being infected daily.

According to an email by Elizabeth Butz of ONE, ONE’s members around the world are taking action to end AIDS, and this year, they can really help change the future of the disease and help save 16 million lives by signing a global petition demanding more action against preventable diseases.

The email reads: ‘Today around 1,000 young women will be infected with HIV. Tomorrow, it will be another 1,000. One week from now, nearly 7,000 young women will have contracted HIV.

‘You know from last Fall that AIDS isn't a disease of the past, it's a crisis now. But this year we could change the future of this disease.

‘The Global Fund is our best chance to beat the epidemic. With support from ONE members around the world, this organization has helped slash deaths from AIDS, TB and malaria by a third. It provides crucial funding and tools to on-the-ground medical staff fighting against these killer diseases.

‘This year, leaders from around the world are gathering in France to decide whether or not to expand the reach of the Global Fund. With full funding, we could help save 16 million more lives and stem the spread of diseases.

‘It's up to all of us to make sure American leaders show up and step up the fight.’

The petition reads:

Dear Secretary of State Mike Pompeo,

We’re urging you to show ambition in ending AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria. This is a fight we can win -- but only if we all do our part. I’m in, are you? Please fully finance the Global Fund to help save another 16 million lives and bring us closer to eliminating these diseases for good.

If enough of us take action, 2019 could be a turning point in the fight against AIDS. Thank you!

Elizabeth Butz, ONE.org

Comments

  1. It's very straightforward to find out any
    matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think other web site proprietors should take this website as an model, very clean and wonderful user
    friendly style and design, as well as the content.
    You are an expert in this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I check your blogs daily. Your story-telling
    style is awesome, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love your website.. Pleasant colors & theme. Did you build this amazing
    site yourself? Please reply back as I?m looking to create
    my own site and would like to know where you got this from or what the theme is called.
    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remarkable! Its truly awesome post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have noted very interesting details! ps nice site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell us more about this? I'd like to find out
    some additional information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could definitely see your expertise in the work you write.
    The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe.

    At all times follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding post, I conceive website owners should larn a lot from
    this site its really user genial. So much wonderful information on here :D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as I found this web site I went on reddit to share
    some of the love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this post plus the rest of the site is extremely good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went over this site and I think you have a lot of wonderful info, bookmarked
    (:.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really pleased to find this web site on bing, just what I was
    searching for :D also bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I?m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that?s both
    equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy I found this during my hunt for something regarding this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanted to post you one little bit of remark so as to thank you so much the moment again considering the splendid things you've discussed
    here. It's certainly surprisingly open-handed of people like you to allow freely
    what exactly a number of us might have offered for sale for
    an ebook to help with making some cash for their own end, principally now that you could have tried it if you ever
    desired. The good tips likewise acted like the easy way to know
    that many people have the identical desire like my very own to figure out more and
    more with regards to this issue. I'm certain there are thousands of
    more enjoyable instances in the future for those who look
    over your site.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this article is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing such things, thus I am
    going to inform her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am really delighted to read this website posts which contains tons of useful data, thanks for providing these
    kinds of data.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing with us, I think this website genuinely
    stands out :D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1