‘Beware of shopping on Konga’

Author, poet and blogger Oseyiza Oogbodo has called on everyone to beware of shopping on the online superstore, Konga, because the products they offer for sale are substandard.

Oogbodo, who’s the author of Dedication To The Ugly and If My Daughter Becomes A Prostitute, among other books, said he came to the conclusion that Konga is a sham organization after his second nasty consecutive shopping experience with them.

“I believe it’s my duty to warn everyone to beware of shopping on Konga because what they sell are counterfeit. I had to just accept this reality after shopping with them for a second time and getting a fake product again.

“The first thing I bought from them was a CD player that just after four days, the CD function stopped working so I couldn’t play again any of my vast CD collection which was the reason I bought it. I got in touch with them, but they didn’t care, and sent me the seller’s number to reach out to him or her myself.

“But I didn’t and decided to let go then as I felt it was just one of those things. But I can’t forgive them this time around they’ve done the same thing to me again consecutively meaning that they deliberately scam people who shop with them.”
Oogbodo
The poet, whose poems include The Weight Of The World and Dedication To The Ugly, said he’s enraged because he just bought a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop from Konga and it’s turned out to be a secondhand packaged as a new one.

“When I wanted to buy the laptop from Konga, I was actually skeptical about shopping with them again due to my first unpalatable experience with them, but I reasoned that my first experience might have just been an unlucky one as everyone has one unlucky day or the other.

“So I bought it and it became exposed as a bogus product when I took it to an engineer for installation of softwares and the engineer couldn’t because the Windows on it wasn’t responding. That was when the engineer told me it definitely wasn’t a brand new laptop but one that had been used before.

“I was shocked to the marrows of my bones because Konga never indicated to me that it was a secondhand product. And as if to confirm the engineer’s secondhand assertions which included that the laptop’s screen had been changed, the casing around the screen had suddenly become loose. That to me, more than any other thing, was definite proof that the laptop had been opened at a point in time and I now remembered there was no manual in the carton it came in.”

Oogbodo, who’s the curator of this news medium, Oseyiza Oogbodo Blog, said he had to take the laptop to the Ikeja Computer Village and they also told him there that the screen had been changed and the laptop was just a first-grade secondhand.

“At Computer Village, they also couldn’t install the necessary softwares and even to reformat the system which was supposed to be a simple task, they couldn’t and had to go and get a guy who was really talented to do it.

“Now, I can’t allow Konga to keep scamming me and I got in touch with them that I want my money back but they’re telling me again to get in touch with the seller and I say to myself, they’re obviously in this game of scamming together.

“So, I intend to take definitive legal action against them both, but pending that time, I really want to warn people against shopping on Konga as they’re scammers and my pastor friend told me he knows someone who bought an iPhone from them and it kept giving him problems until it packed up after six months. Also, if you’ve had a nasty Konga shopping experience, please get in touch with me so we can together institute a massive class action lawsuit against them.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1