God told me I’ll be greater than Fela –Fela Durotoye

Durotoye

Fela Durotoye is one man who seems destined for greatness. A business consultant, motivational speaker, author and many other things, his name is everywhere seemingly without effort.

Maybe it’s because the legendary musician, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, also bore that same first name.

Whatever the reason, Fela the musician and Fela the consultant are both popular and respected in their own right, though the musician still remains greater than the motivational speaker for now.

However, the musician is dead and can no longer do great exploits while the author is still alive, has a chance still to do something that will stun the world into immortalizing him and if he becomes Nigeria’s President and turns the country’s fortunes around, then he  would become eternally great.

Now, Oseyiza Oogbodo Blog brings you another excerpt of the interview Durotoye granted Oseyiza Oogbodo several years ago and in which he claimed that he’s going to be greater than his larger-than-life namesake who lives on even in death.

The question Oogbodo asked him then which brought about his response was: So far, there are only two of you great namesakes. Somehow, somehow, have you ever travelled out, and people mistook you for him?

And his reply: Oh, it's not even that one alone, even here in Nigeria, someone will say what is your name, I will say my name is Fela Durotoye, they will say ehn, Anikulapo. But it's amazing ... let me tell you one interesting, a long time ago, around when I met God in 1997, one of the things God said to me was that in a short while, when people hear Fela, their minds will go to you first before Fela Kuti. And it's already happening. And I'm not trying to be greater than Fela. He's great, his greatness is in his own league and his own right, no one person needs to be greater than the other. A lady was telling me how she went for a course somewhere in the UK, and when she mentioned that she was a Nigerian, she was the only Nigerian there, the facilitator of that programme said oh, wow, you are from Nigeria, that's where that great Fela is from. And she said oh yes, he was a really great musician. And he lady said does he sing too? At this point in time, the lady who was talking to me said she was very confused, you know, what do you mean does he sing too? And the facilitator said oh, I thought he was a speaker, and a nation builder. And she then went oh, that Fela, he's my friend, he's my friend. The lady later came and told me, Fela, your name is now becoming first in the minds of some people, and she said, you know, this might be a sign of things to come. I just laughed because God had told me that was going to happen. It's not something that I'm trying to make happen, it's not something that I'm going to aspire to make happen. When people hear Michael, they think of Jackson, Jordan, Tyson, so it does not mean that there aren't some other Michaels doing grat things. It's just that sometimes people get to choose what comes to their mind first by the frequency of interaction and encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1