Meet Boye Manni, new sensation

Boye Manni is the latest music sensation in town. According to him, he was influenced into music as a little boy by renowned artists like 2pac, Nas, Fela, KSA and Phil Collins amongst others. He thereby got addicted to music and started recording on any tape he came across. “Basically, I wanted to hear myself sing because I was tired of listening to others and my mom had to start hiding her cassettes so I won't record on them. Then I started writing my own songs and sang them to the delight of my sisters," he recalled. When he got into high school, he started freestyle rap battles with friends. “One of my friends then encouraged me to specialize in singing rather than combining singing and rapping.” And when he got admitted into Ibadan Poly, he began performing on campus and soon became popular without having a demo. In 2011, he decided to take a shot at the reality show, Star Quest, and made it into the second round. He was spurred on by the words of music icon, Paul Play, who saw the potential in him, and encouraged him to work more on himself to harness his potentials. Between 2012 and 2014, he dropped a couple of songs on the internet to build a viable fan base and in no time his songs went viral. Now, his latest song, Lady Pamela, is spreading fast and he says he will leave no stone unturned to ensure it becomes a monster hit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1