I'll take over gospel music -Glory Kings

Kings
Glory Kings is the latest gospel artist who is set to take over the gospel music sector with her debut single, Power In The Name Of JESUS. Based in the UK, she told OSEYIZA OOGBODO BLOG about herself and her plans.


Tell us about yourself?

My name is Glory Kings (Glory Oturu). I'm a UK-based Nigerian gospel artist, songwriter, ardent worshipper and I love the Lord. I was born in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. I am married with a son.

Why are you into music and not some other profession?

I am actually a professional nurse and work for the NHS in the UK. I had a calling from God to do music but I've been running away from doing it until God started to deal with me about it to the extent I had so many encounters in my dreams. I also had lots of men and women of God confirming the call of God upon my life. I love music but never really thought I would end up being a gospel artist until I had a special encounter with God. This led me into coming out to sing to the glory of His name.

What do you want to achieve in music?

I want God to use my music to touch, affect and transform lives across the globe, and to inspire and facilitate an atmosphere of worship, healing, deliverance and salvation through my music. Above all, my desire is for the name of JESUS to be lifted, magnified and glorified through worship and praise.

How did music begin for you?

I started singing from a very young age in the Northern part of Nigeria with Celebration Chapel Church choir. I've been a member of various choirs, served as a music director and was part of a gospel band that organised and ministered at major concerts.

Is doing music easy or difficult for you?

Well, I find music very easy as it's part of my life and what I enjoy doing. I don't find it difficult at all.

Some say gospel musicians are all about making money over winning souls. Do you agree?

I don't think so and don't agree with that saying as there are many gospel artists out there who are genuinely using their gifts/talents to reach out and inspire many across the globe. God has used their music to heal, encourage and bring deliverance to many.

Do you have a role model?

Yes. One of my role models is actually Sinach. I've been inspired by her music, humility, love and dedication in serving the Lord via her music. Before I finally made up my mind to come out as a gospel artist, I had a dream where she held my two hands and prayed fervently for me. I have also been inspired by Mary Mary. As a young Christian, I was listening to their music and that of Fred Hammond. Songs by the aforementioned artists influenced, encouraged and inspired me a lot in my Christian faith.

What's the high point of your music career so far?

It's basically the release of my debut single, Power In The Name Of JESUS. It's an anointed song and people have come to connect with the song. I have received amazing feedbacks and testimonies since its release on Friday the 18th of November 2016.

And the low?

The low point was getting started musically. I didn't know what to do and at the same time I had fear of the unknown. But God has helped me to conquer all.

Do you really think you have what it takes to be as great and successful as the big names out there?

Absolutely! As I said earlier, I didn't plan this, it's all orchestrated by God Almighty Himself. God called me to do this and I know the impact will be felt sooner across the globe. I have God's backing and He will take me even greater so long as I remain in His will and purpose and follow His leading and guidance. I am only a vehicle and JESUS is the engine driving and moving the vehicle around. I believe very strongly in my spirit that the sky is just the beginning for me and my ministry.

What's the sacrifice you are making to be a gospel artist?

I do a lot of praying, fasting and studying the word of God. I also try to always improve myself and my vocals. I spend hours in the studio to bring out the best that I can with the help of God.

What are your plans?


My plans are to make more anointed music, organise music concerts and eventually go on tour in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1