I feared I would die like Dagrin -Sossick

Sossick
Sossick, the producer of the classic album, Chief Executive Omoita (CEO), which shot the late Dagrin to limelight, has disclosed that he feared he would also die the way Dagrin did from an accident.

Making the disclosure when OOB posed the question to him that did he recall Dagrin’s death when he was involved in an accident just a few years after Darin died, he admitted it.

“When I had my accident, you know, of course, it was with that fear that oh, wow, was it meant to be, that are you supposed to go this way as well? Yeah, that question lingered in my mind. And you know, I’m African, I’m Nigerian, so I also wondered was somebody trying to wipe us out and all that? But obviously, God had bigger plans for me and He showed me mercy so I pulled through mine.”

Recalling how he felt when he heard of Dagrin’s death: “Well, it’s not something that I want anybody to go through. Also, it’s not something you can easily describe. It’s very depressing especially when you feel like your work is just starting to make waves and everybody is connected to it and it seems like you just cut out a part of your story so I can’t really put it into words. But I was in disbelief, you know, and denial and it was very depressing as well.”

Dagrin’s death must also have had an effect on him one way or the other and he admitted that as well.

“It affected me in every way. I’ll not lie. I’ll be honest with you. A part of me did not want to accept that reality. That’s where the denial came in. I kept thinking okay that maybe at some point a miracle will happen and all that so I just kept waiting and waiting and during all that period, I couldn’t really like work. I wasn’t able to like focus. I just kept thinking is this how this life is, what’s the point? Depression would set in, you ask yourself what’s the use, and time will pass. And it took me quite a while to actually get like really, really serious again, and to get back into the game.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1