I've a crush on Vector and Kiss Daniel -Model

Budding model and runner-up in the Miss Charismatic beauty pageant, Oluwatobi Elizabeth Adebayo speaks with VICTOR UDOH about her life, passions and career. Tell us about yourself. I am 18 years old, and the first child and only girl in a family of five from Ondo State. Though I live in Lagos, I spent my teenage days in Ibadan, Oyo State with my parents and I’m currently studying History in the University of Ibadan. How did you get involved in beauty pageantry? It started as a joke when I got admission into school. I was told to pick a beauty pageant form for new students: Mr/Miss Fresher. I didn't take it seriously at first. Later, I saw it could be a platform for me to go into modelling, something I’ve always wanted to do. God so good, I won the competition. Are you facing any challenges so far in that direction? Presently, I wouldn’t say I’m facing any challenge because I am just starting. But with time, I know things will turn out great. Also, I’m ready for anything. You know, there is always a challenge when something great is about to happen, nevertheless I can’t wait to conquer them. Tell us about Miss Charismatic that you contested for. Miss Charismatic is about harmonising and empowering female youths towards the attainment of a desired goal, to promote issues that affect Nigerian youth, to restore the moral pride of the Nigerian women. It is also aimed at reinvigorating and re-establishing the standards that will ensure improvement in the quality of life as well as redefine beauty pageants among Nigerian youths, eliminate moral decadence and become the number one beauty contest in the country. How do you feel as the Miss Charismatic second runner-up? I’m excited. It’s a privilege to be one of the top three, though that was not my aim. But I thank God who made that happen and I know something good would come off this. How was the experience in camp? It was fun in camp. Really amazing. It was life changing and I’m sure other contestants feel that way because of the fame involved. So it is something I will look back on with pride. Thank God I was there. What was your growing up like? It was funny being the only girl and first child; I know I have responsibilities. My siblings look up to me. I grew up to love music and have always lived a simple life. Where do you see yourself in the next five years? I see myself as an icon; a very successful presenter and also one of the Victorian secret models by God’s grace. Who is your mentor? My mother and Professor Wole Soyinka. This is because I get inspired by their great achievements. Apart from modeling, what else do you do? Right now I am a student and am living a normal life and working on being a journalist. How do you intend to give back to the society? I would like to create the standards that will ensure quality of life and also propagate the effects of environmental pollution, issues of rape, HIV/AIDS, premature pregnancy and prostitution as well as develop our African culture. Like I said, being Miss Charismatic as created a platform for me, which I intend to leverage on attracting incentives towards the development of our African culture and also be an inspiration and pride to Nigerian women. What is your greatest achievement in life? Going into Miss Charismatic Nigeria. I think this would be my greatest achievement for now. But I hope to achieve greater feats in life. Why are you into pageantry? Going into pageantry as been fun to me, seeing me happy with what I do will definitely make my parents proud. So my joy is their pride and they are cool with it. What current projects have you at hand? The project I am working on, though I haven’t started yet, is about stopping the Rape of Teenage girls and the forceful marriage of young girls in the north, as well as female education. What kind of book do you read? I read all kinds of books, particularly when I have exams. What is your philosophy of life? It is about impacting other people’s lives for good. What is your worst moment as model? My worst moment was a very long time ago. I attended a friend’s birthday party and I was about to leave with my friends when two drunk guys came appeared and were misbehaving, making fun of my slim body. They called me funny names and I felt so bad, it was terrible. What is your advice to the current government? My advice to the present government is to rectify the bad things the previous government has done with particular reference to corruption, unemployment, terrorism. Also, the issue of incessant power outage and to rectify the good image of Nigeria in Africa and on the globe. What is your advice to your fans? I want my fans out there to learn to believe in themselves. They should always take positive risks, strive to be the best they can be and always be grateful. How do you relax? I relax by watching movies, eating and sleeping. Which celebrity do you have a crush on? My biggest crush is Vector and Kiss Daniel because they are both so cute, especially Vector. I love his crazy punchlines and vocal delivery, particularly when he raps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1