My maiden movie will shock Nollywood –Judith Audu

Just like Genevieve is currently wrapping up the post production of Road To Yesterday, her maiden movie, her colleague, Judith Audu is also doing the same for her own maiden movie, Just Not Married, and she declared to OSEYIZA OOGBODO BLOG that JNM going to set the standard for movie making in Nigeria. What’s the latest about you? I should be getting on a production next week. I’m also working on the post production of my movie, Just Not Married. It’s being edited by Oluseyi Asurf, and I’m working on a TV show by the side whenever I get a free time. What’s the difference for you between producing a short movie and a full length film? There is a lot of difference. The main one is the length of the film. Short films are 30 minutes or less. Some people say 45 minutes or less. Full length films are longer than 45 minutes. Some run into 3 hours even. They have more financial implications, cast, crew, logistics, etc. A full length film is more demanding and it is a totally different ball game from a producer’s perspective. What's different about Just Not Married that will stand it out? Well, it’s a very simple story that developed in the direction that a lot of people will not see coming. It’s a different story, it’s original and it’s unique. What are your plans for the release? Can it compete in the cinemas or its straight to DVD? I believe Just Not Married can compete in cinemas. We have a lot of plans for the movie, and we will communicate to you when we are done and ready to share that information. Producers say they don’t make their money back on their movies. Will you? That is my prayer at the end of the day. To be able to make back my money and make profit as well. What’s your plan to prevent pirates from feasting on it? We would do our best to protect the movie and pray it keeps the pirates away. Nollywood does not seem to be as popular as before because of Telemundo and Zee World. Do you agree? Maybe soap operas, but movies are still popular and even the soap operas have their loyal fans just like Telemundo and Zee World. You do so many things. How do you create time for them all? I prioritize them, that way I can easily allocate time based on level of importance and then find a balance to be able to successfully do all I set aside to do, so far it has been working just fine. Many of your actress colleagues are singing. Do you plan to do so too? I can’t sing to save my life! That’s how bad my singing voice is. So it’s a no for me. But most of my colleagues are blessed with very lovely voice to sing so why not? But for me, I can’t simply because I don’t have talent in that area. What are your plans? For the remaining part of the year, I’m still hoping to get casted in a very good feature film with a good production outfit. And hopefully my movie should be ready in November. I may still get to shoot the TV show before the year runs out or it will be shot in January and my radio show, Meet the Actor with Judith Audu, on Igroove Radio will be a year in November, so I’m looking forward to a FUN show with my colleagues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1