If King Sunny Ade, my daddy, can still have energy, who am I? –Yomi Peters

Peters

It’s opined in some quarters that artists use enhancers like marijuana to perform. And in actual fact, there are many singers who don’t hide that fact that they actually smoke marijuana. Such entertainers even post pictures of themselves online smoking the illegal substance.

But there are also many entertainers who deny relying on enhancers to practice their craft, be it singing, acting, writing.

Juju shuffle creator, Yomi Peters, is one musician who denies the use of performance enhancers.

Speaking with Oseyiza Oogbdo Blog recently, Yomi, who is very energetic while on stage, jumping up and down, dancing, singing high keys, on his feet for hours, denied taking anything to perform better.

Explaining how he’s able to perform so energetically, he said, “That is how my daddy, King Sunny Ade, used to do. If King Sunny Ade, my daddy, can still have energy, who am I? What is my age? I know God’s in control. The energy’s from God, not from me.”

Okay, sir, we hear you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1