Some comedians are surprised at my success -Boma

Oogbodo (left) with Boma
Promising comedian, Boma, has told Oseyiza Oogbodo Blog that some of his colleagues are surprised at his success and achievements.

When OOB asked him what his plan is to take over the comedy industry, he said, “Well, first off, the truth is me, myself and I as Boma, I don’t plan to take over anywhere, I just wanna take over my own space. You know, for instance, why I might not be too much out there is because I have my own plans and I have my own strategies. It’s now I want to do mainstream but the industry players know me. Clients know me. Event companies know me. But at a point, I just felt with my plan, let me just gather some grassroots fan base from weddings, corporate bodies.


“This is now the time to come out to the mainstream because I didn’t want a situation where I come out to the mainstream and the fame will be more than the fortune. Right now, when some other comedians see me, they don’t believe the way I look, what I drive. Everything is from comedy because I’m not so popular in quote but I’ve been building the foundation so right now I can stand on top of the roof and say I won’t fall any time soon.”


He added that he started comedy “in school, 2005 in UI, and we were able to graduate as top most popular, top comedian, we could explore the city of Ibadan in depth performing in clubs and places and then in 2010 it kicked off fully in Lagos when it started paying the bills.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1