How Davido motivated me to be myself –Hope Dickson

And just as Wavebeat has his own story from his past, his boss, Akwarandu Hope Dickson, does as well. Speaking with Oseyiza Oogbodo Blog on what made him establish his record label, Vicmet Records, which is currently pushing Gbesoke singer, Evabliz, he said, “I began music as a very little boy in the village where I constructed my own guitar with wood and strings. Eventually, I became a choirmaster and then I came to Lagos where I continued as a choirmaster at Seventh Day Adventist.”
But being a member of the church posed some challenges for him. “I wanted to take music as a career myself but being in Seventh Day, it was a bit difficult because they would frown at me as a secular musician. So I elected to be promoting gospel artists instead.
“Then I realized that Davido, whose father is an Elder in Seventh Day was doing the sort of music he liked, so I decided to go ahead with my own plans too and that’s why I was finally able to establish Vicmet Records which I intend to take over the music industry with.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1