I’m the one who gave Chidinma N200 to attend Project Fame audition –Wave Beat

Wave Beat
It’s not a secret that when Kedike singer Chidinma wanted to attend the audition of Project Fame West Africa season 3 in 2010, which she eventually won, she didn’t have the necessary transport money to go to the audition venue.

Chidinma herself is the one who disclosed this information to the world after her notable win which made her the first female to win PFWA and catapulted her to the fame and fortune which is still her lot since 2010.


Chidinma
But while it’s public knowledge that she didn’t have the transport money but she eventually got it and made it to the audition venue, the person who gave her money she needed remained shrouded in mystery.

Oseyiza Oogbodo Blog can however reveal to you right now that the person who helped Chidinma complete her transport so she could go to and return from the PFWA audition is a promising music producer by the name of Wave Beat, the in-house producer of Vicmet Records, the latest and very ambitious record label in town which is owned by Akwarandu Hope Dickson.

Speaking with OOB, Wave Beat said, “I still remember clearly that day Chidinma wanted to attend the Project Fame audition. Her transport money wasn’t complete and she came to the studio I was running then at Ikorodu to see one of my boys she was dating to give her the money which was just N200. But the guy didn’t have the money so I ended up giving it to her.”

And so thereby she won Project Fame. But shockingly to Wave Beat, after she became a star, they met at the Nigerian Music Video Awards and she didn’t greet him, not because she didn’t see him, but on purpose.

“So I attended the NMVA about two years after her success and she saw me and made as if she didn’t recognize me. I just laughed to myself, because it was obvious to me that she was somehow ashamed because I knew her when she was really nothing, dating one of my boys and I even helped her with money. Maybe she thought I would tell the story to people there at NMVA.”

And on why he has now disclosed himself after all these years, he said, “It’s not because I need publicity or because I want to embarrass Chidinma or just to let the world know of my invaluable role in her success. So I would just put it down to destiny that made me disclose the story now.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1