I don’t criticise you, don’t criticise me –Beverly Osu

Beverly Osu is now one of the biggest celebrities in the country. Before participating in this year’s edition of Big Brother Africa, a participation which made her into an international star, she was relatively well-known in Nigeria as a model and video vixen. OSEYIZA OOGBODO BLOG spoke with her recently.

How is life after Big Brother?
I have to say it’s beautiful. Many good things are coming my way. I am usually a very busy person, so it’s nothing I can’t handle.
How do you feel about your controversial image due to your BBA participation?
There is a negative side to everything in life. It is not everything people say about you that is true, so I don’t really think about it or allow it to affect me.
Are you sorry about your widely criticised actions in Big Brother?
Well, I don’t feel sorry because I was being myself. So, I can’t say sorry to anyone who feels disappointed. They’re living their lives and I’m living mine. The only difference is that I was in a house where I had to make the platform work for me, the platform everybody enjoyed seeing me make. If you guys stuck to your television for 91 days only to see my faults, then you should check yourself because people have their faults and it’s only people with faults that quickly notice it in other people. I don’t criticise people and I don’t think people should criticise me because no matter how you look at it, I’m still a youth.
Your critics don’t agree with you that you made Nigeria proud in Big Brother. What do you have to say about that?
If they don’t agree that I made Nigeria proud, they should also try competing in a reality show, even if it’s a beauty pageant. It is how you present yourself that matters. Apparently, all these will last for a period of time, but if I am still on people’s lips till next year, then I will know that I am relevant. But if the topic slips away, then I know Nigerians are just hypocrites. They can do what they want to do, it will only break me inside, but I will still be strong. Nigerians don’t appreciate their own. It’s not like that in other countries. I travelled to Tanzania and I saw how they appreciate their own people.
You are one of the celebrities who supported a campaign against drug abuse. What can you say about drug abuse?
I think people have to know that drug abuse because is not all about dealing in cocaine. In controlling drug abuse, I think we should start from the local pharmacy. If you don’t have a drug prescription from a doctor, don’t buy drugs based on self-medication or advice of friends. That is where we should start from, as some people abuse even cough syrup by taking it excessively and using it to get high. It still boils down to the intrigues of how people use things like cough syrup excessively. I have seen how young people abuse drugs. A lot of people use cough syrup to get high. It is not good because it causes crystals in the body. A lot of youths don’t know this but it is bad. In controlling drug abuse, I think we should start from the local pharmacy. If you don’t have a prescription for a drug from professional doctor, please don’t buy any drug base on self medication or friends’adivce. That is where we should start from. As to why I am identifying with the organiser, it is simply because the campaign is beneficial.
What can you tell us about yourself that we don’t know?
I have many sides to me. I have like seventeen different personalities. There’s my crazy side, the stubborn one, the focused, the calculative, the religious, just too many.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1