Children win millions on WWTBAM

Popular TV game show, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, held its children’s special edition recently, and two siblings, Nimi and Omiete Owanga, won N1m and and N500,000 respectively. Speaking afterwards, Paul Owanga, Nimi and Omiete’s father, told the story of how his children got to be on the highly acclaimed show. “My name is Paul Owanga. I am a public servant. I am the father of Omiete and Nimi Owanga who just won N500,000 and N1m respectively on WWTBAM. Honestly I feel so excited. I was with them in the sitting room when the children special was advertised. “Omiete took my phone while Nimi took her mother’s and they sent the texts almost immediately. For all of us as a family, we have been watching WWTBAM a little over six years. So they played at almost the same time. “When the questions came, they both answered, then we got the calls later that they have both been shortlisted and that if they qualify eventually, they would be invited to the studio. Lo and behold, they were called. “I said to myself that at last I will see Frank, I mean on one-on-one basis. In fact, coming here has been enlightening because when you see things people write on social media, you will think it’s not real. But having come here today, I can attest that Ultima Studios and MTN are doing excellently well and it is good to encourage the children at this age. “When Omiete won N500,000 at first, I was excited and I praised God. I was a bit scared for Nimi though because the game became tougher as she progressed but God saw her through and she won N1m in scholarships too. I am so grateful to God. I am also grateful to MTN and Ultima Studios for a job well done. This is a big relief, I tell you.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1