A time to be humble … Maje Ayida shamelessly begs bitter wife

Just as shocking as was the news that celebrity couple, Maje Ayida and Toke Makinwa, were having issues with their marriage, is it that the man in the union, Ayida, has now come out to eat the humble pie by apologizing publicly to the union’s woman, Makinwa. Come to think of it, though, Ayida and Makinwa’s relationship is one that has always been shocking us with its unexpected twists and turns. For instance, their wedding was a shock as well to the world because they didn’t make it public that they were wedding, so when it was disclosed, everyone was shocked. Anyway, considering how difficult it is for African men to apologise to their women in private, how much more publicly, it definitely must have taken a lot of soul searching for Ayida to make the apology. But it’s not surprising that he apologized, because the blame for the wedding’s problem is laid squarely at his doorstep with the accusation against him for impregnating a woman who isn’t his wife. Courtesy of Instagram, he reached out to his angry wife, saying, “I am writing to express my sincerest apologies to my wife. I was wrong, it is indefensible and I am sorry. I deeply regret what my wife and my family have had to endure. My behaviour has caused a lot of anguish to everyone. Though this matter has been very public in nature, it is a private issue and I would appreciate the opportunity to face it privately. I love my wife and will make every effort to make things right.” Oh well, we can only hope they can still make it work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1