Darlene Benson advices upcoming actresses

It’s not easy to become a successful Nollywood actress. So when such an actress advices the upcoming ones who are hopeful of, and aspiring to attain success, it’s just best they listen. The successful actress in question is Darlene Benson. And when OOB asked her what her advice to upcoming actresses would be, she said, “My advice to them is to be focused. If you know for sure that this is what you want to do and you have the talent for it, give every role you play your best, constantly try to outdo your last performance, and pray always.” Admitting that she hasn’t achieved all her set goals in Nollywood, but is sure that she will, she said it was a very easy decision for her to become an actress because “I’ve always loved acting. As a child, I always pictured myself singing and acting, so I went ahead to study theatre arts and I obtained a diploma from the University of Calabar and my degree from the University of Lagos. “But I actually started out as a singer before I got into acting. I had already done two demo tapes, various jingles and backup vocals in the studio in the 90s before I got my first acting job. So I’m into the two still.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1