Why I love acting -Kunle Da-Silva

One of Yoruba Nollywood’s most successful actors, Kunle Da-Silva, has revealed why he loves acting. “What I love most about acting is the knowledge we impart to the audience. We have a lot of problems in this country, social, economic, cultural, and you really need to pass messages to the people and one of the best ways of doing that is via movies. So the first thing that comes to my mind is the message I want to pass. “Then also the popularity, the clamouring of people to meet you, but it’s not easy. I’ve walked on the streets and my clothes were almost torn to shreds. People will want to greet you. Imagine a scenario where people you see on the road, expect you to know them, and if you don’t greet them, they will just start accusing you, we buy your films, we watch your films, you don’t want to greet us. “But how would I know who watches my films at home? So you have to be very cautious when you are out, you have to smile and greet everybody. “Atimes, they will walk up to you and say, I’ve bought your movie, I must collect money from you. But they don’t know it’s not like that, so I don’t blame them. It’s the situation in the country. “People will want to collect money from you all the time. They’ll watch a movie that I’ve acted in several years ago, that I’ve collected my money even before going on set, I’ve spent the money, you’ll now see me and say because you watched so-so movie, I must give you money, so I’ll say okay, take what I have. But we don’t give all the time. Only if you approach us sensibly, then we respond sensibly.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1