My ultimate goal -Temi Dollface

Talented singer, Temi Dollface, who’s out with a new singer, School Your face, has revealed what her ultimate goal is. According to her, it’s “to change the way music is experienced. To shatter pop stereotypes by proving that pop music can be alternative, experimental and exciting. Also, I want to give back what I get out of music. I realise that what I get to do is such a privilege because with music, we have the ability to touch other human beings who are reaching out looking for the same things most of us are.” And on what she has achieved, she said, “A whole lot. I’ve opened for Chris Brown, Keziah Jones, D' Banj, Bez and many other notable artists. I had an MTV USA nomination for MTV Iggy Artist of the Week for which I came in second by a tiny fraction. I was in the running with artists from Germany, America, the United Kingdom and Ghana. “My Pata Pata music video has been played on heavy rotation on notable TV stations including MTV World, Channel O, SoundCity, 1 Music, TVC and Channels TV amongst others. It made number 2 on the SoundCity and TVC best video countdowns, and that was quite remarkable for a first video from a previously unknown independent female artist. “My music, imagery and style have earned me a fast growing social media followership and rave reviews on tastemaking blogs such as MTV Iggy, Okay Africa, Soul Bounce, Afro Punk. My radical interpretation of the well known song, Teenage Dirt Bag, of the American Pie movie fame by Wheatus has also earned me great reviews and a personal invitation to New York from Wheatus themselves to collaborate on a song.” And on how music she started for her, she said, “It started when I was seven years old. Before then, I was always singing and always gravitated towards music. But at the age of 7, I wrote my first song with the keyboard given to me by my pastor at a time. And knowing what to do on the keyboard was just natural for me. I found my way around it without any piano lessons or anything like that. I just instinctively knew what I wanted to hear and created songs that I have a taste for and when I listened to such songs, I found it interesting that I could do them at that age and it went on from there.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1