Prayer was what helped me in Project Fame -Pearl

Pearl is the second place winner of this year’s Project Fame West Africa. She stood out during the show, not only because of her talent, but also because she and her twin sister were both in the competition. In this interview, she tells OSEYIZA OOGBODO BLOG her plans. How do you feel as the second place winner of this year’s Project Fame? It’s an amazing feeling. This is something I’ve always wanted to do, and first of all, I’m excited that I even got the opportunity at all because my entering Project Fame is a story. It was obvious to me from day one that it was something God wanted me to do. Things just somehow kept on turning in my favour, and I got there, and God kept me through, and I’m so grateful. So what’s your secret that made you successful in the competition, considering that many were evicted along the way? What’s your secret? Did you do something different? I can’t say I was better than anybody that was there with me. We all had different voice textures. Everybody was special in their own kind of voice. But I’ll say that from day one, I was prayerful, because right from the start, I felt that these people are amazing vocalists, amazing singers, what am I doing there? I just felt like the plain one. And I have to say that one thing that made me interested in Project Fame is the academy itself, the teachings, the classes, the lessons, that’s one reason I really wanted to be here, and they paid off. I mean Uncle Ben is amazing. Uncle Ben, Miss Ige, Mummy J, Miss Loveth, they all joined forces and made all of us into what we are now, and I kept praying. You kept praying. Are you a born again Christian? Yes. I am. When did you give your life to Christ? In 2010. Since you’re born again, and Project Fame is about secular music, how did you reconcile that? Well, it’s a matter of your understanding of what you’re doing. I came to PF because I wanted to become a better musician, become a better singer, explore my talents, which is something we’re supposed to do. People who read the Bible know the parable about the talents and how you’re not supposed to bury whatever talent that’s been given to you. You have to build on whatever God has given to you. You should do that. I had to do secular music in the academy, yes, but I don’t think it has affected me in any way. The songs we did were not vulgar. PF is a family show. You won’t do an overly sexy song. They keep things in order, so I never had to do something that was out of my ability. What’s your plan now? Well, I’ve gotten the platform that I need, and that’s the most important thing. But there’s a thing about this platform. If you let it be for too long, people forget you. So, right now, we have the advantage of popularity and it’ll be best to use that now so I’m going to start work straight away on my songs. The kind of songs I want to do are gospel songs, and also love songs. I’m going to do songs that are real, things that we really go through in our everyday lives, heartbreak, pain, sorrow, they are things that every human being comes across. How close are you to your twin sister? Very close. As close as possible. You know, when you are born with someone, you live everyday of your life with the person, I think the highest time we’ve spent apart was when she got eliminated in the academy Since you are so close, are you sharing your N3m prize with her equally? Yes. When Uncle Ben asked me why I wanted to win, I said I wanted to for my sister. I wanted to come to Project Fame, but my sister desired, craved it. She really wanted to be in Project Fame. It was supposed to be her platform, her stage and all that. But when we went to the auditions, I just went with her for support. I didn’t register for the auditions, and we met some of the organizers and they said you are twins and you both sing so why aren’t you both auditioning, and I said no we don’t want to compete with each other, but they convinced me to audition, and you know the rest of the story. Are you sharing your prize money with her? Of course. You know the big dummy cheque they gave me? I’ve already cut it in two and given her own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Newell Murder serialization 1